Friday, May 18, 2012

I Finally Finished a Book!

Hard Laughter by Anne Lamott can be added to my dusty shelf of finished books.  It only took possible Pertussis to actually finish a book.  And I am so glad I did.  It was wonderful.  It took me a bit to get into it, but as any great read should do, I am now missing the main characters.  Wish there was a way to meet up with them and have a drink, but I couldn't keep up with them.  They do drink.  I really don't.  Anyway, I like to think that Anne Lamott would like me if we ever get to meet.  I consider her one of my better friends.

6 comments:

  1. Would you settle for meeting Lamont from Sanford and Son?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more about Anne Lamott. I've read most of her books, but I haven't read that one. What a great title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I hit the Blogger internet bookmark (And the Twitter, and the Pinterest, and not so much the Facebook) like an addict looks for crack. My brain is seeking funny, interesting, thought-provoking diversion from the throws of joy of mothering. Connection to genius is the motherload. And sometimes the fix is here, because people like Ann Imig might cyberly stop by my little space on the world wide web. You are kinda famous, and ridiculously talented. I *will* see one of your Listen to Your Mother Shows someday.
      Wow and yay! Thank you for your visit. And about the other Anne, I am hoping to get a little more possible pertussis (or a house cleaner and/or personal chef?) so I can devour all of her other books.

      Delete
    3. Also, "kinda famous" and "ridiculously talented" are understatements.

      Delete